We use the term “GP” to refer to our website at gaspathways.com and our mobile and online digital apps and services. Except where we state otherwise, references in to “GP” (or “we”, “us” or “our”) refer to the CGA Enterprises Ltd. and Minoils Media Ltd., which operates gaspathways.com .
GP collects personal information also via third party providers such as analytics tools (Google Analytics and Matomo Analytics), email marketing services (Campaign Monitor), marketing/advertising tools (Hubspot, Adsense and SumoMe), E-Commerce tools (Shopify and EventBrite) and push notification services (Push Engage). These tools provide us with insight and data to improve the user experience in our website, enhance our editorial and commercial work and to allow GP to know the location of its visitors and subscribers in order to provide its content in a timely and effective manner.
Personal information we might collect from you and why.
• Account information such as name,company/organization, address, postal code, email address and phone number. This information is used to fulfill your request for information, products and services, provide relevant advertising, and respond to your enquiries.
• Collect credit card or banking information if required to complete a sale.
• If you choose to provide it to us, supplementary information such as gender, month and year of birth, income range, the industry sector you work in, your current position, and customer satisfaction information.
We assume you have given us implied consent for some uses:
• By purchasing any of our products or using any of our services, we assume you consent to receive the products, services and information relevant to them including service notifications, newsletters, personalized content and services, relevant advertising, and other communications regarding our products and services.
Uses you can explicitly consent to:
• You may opt-in to receive additional services such as our email newsletters or marketing communications from our advertisers based on your areas of interest. Your email address is not shared with our advertisers.
What you can do if you wish to withdraw your consent or change your personal information:
• If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletters, marketing and/or service email communications, you may do so by clicking the unsubscribe link provided in the footer of all non-essential communication from GP.
• You may also email email@example.com to provide an alternate method of contacting you should you wish to unsubscribe from certain email services we consider essential to your service such as billing notices, delivery notices, or password reset requests.
• You can also limit the collection of your information by disabling cookies in your browser. For more information on what cookies are please click here.
What is not covered by this policy:
• Information that is not personally identifiable such as type of browser or operating system you are using, your network, our web pages you have visited, other web pages you have visited before and after visiting ours, type of device, general location information and other similar types of anonymous or de-identified information may be collected and used by us and third parties including advertisers.
• Aggregate data that cannot be associated with a specific person, such as the number of visitors and average time spent on a website.
• Personal Information for Editorial Purposes — Information collected for editorial purposes, whether or not it is considered “personal”, is exempt from the requirements of Canadian law and is not covered by this policy. Business contact information including the name, title, business address and telephone number of an employee of an organization, publicly available information such as an individual’s name and address when listed in or made available through a directory, or any other information or circumstance that falls outside the scope of or is exempted by applicable privacy legislation.
The following sets out some additional detail about our business practices as it pertains to your personal information.
We may collect personal information using the following means:
1. When you register for any of our newsletter or other services:
2. By using cookies and similar technologies when you visit our site; and
3. By conducting surveys
(a) Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small text files containing a unique identifier that are placed in your browser in order to store information about your web browsing and usage of a the GP website (“Cookie Data”). Cookies are used by GP to collect and store usage information such as:
• Anonymized user IDs for logged in Registered Users and Subscribers
• Device IP Address (which does not reveal your identity)
• Usage Data such as the number of page views, frequency of visits, time spent on a particular page and other similar statistics pertaining to your use of our website and services.
We use these technologies to collect information about the usage of our site and may offer users advertising and services that is relevant to them based on how they use the site. By using gaspathways.com , you give us and trusted third parties on our website consent to collect Usage Information using cookies and similar technologies and to use it for the purposes specified above.
If you wish to disable or modify your cookie preferences, please consult your browser’s support documentation.
(b) Subscription Information
If you choose to subscribe to a product or service provided by GP, then we will ask you to provide information to complete the sale including name, email, address, company, telephone number and billing information. We will use your subscription information for internal purposes such as making improvements to our website and analytics, to communicate with you about your subscription and to offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
(c) Mobile Browsing
When you access GP on your mobile device, such as a smartphone or a tablet computer, using a web browser, we collect similar usage information as we do on other devices. Note that some devices can transmit location data. If you choose to share location data with us, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your device.
(d) Contests, Promotions, Surveys and Marketing Communications
(e) Social Media
2. How Information may be Used
GP uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
Fulfill your Request:
To fulfill your request for services. For example, if you want to purchase goods or services that we may offer from time to time offered directly by gaspathways.com , we will ask you for information including your name and email.
To help us make your experience on our website more convenient. For example, we rely on cookie data to detect when a registered user or a subscriber who has previously signed in visits the site again. It is also used to recall user preferences and information on subsequent visits.
To understand how users interact with our website, to improve the operation and performance of GP’s products and services, to develop new products and services, to detect fraud, and to improve security.
Communicate Offers and Promotions:
To communicate with you about offers and promotions. You can withdraw your consent to specific types of email communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of the email message. Note that you will continue to receive communications that directly pertain to your services.
Enforce Terms and Conditions:
We reserve the right to contact you if we have reason to believe that you have violated our Terms and Conditions.
3. Security and Disclosure
GP has put in place reasonable physical, electronic, contractual and managerial measures to protect the information we collect from loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Information stored abroad:
In some cases, GP may disclose personal information to service providers to perform activities outside of Canada on our behalf. Your personal information may also be transferred outside of Canada for storage and processing. As a result, secure storage, use and access to your personal information may be subject to the laws of those countries.
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates for administrative purposes. We may disclose your personal information to third parties if you have violated our terms of service or conditions of purchase, or if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, other legal and regulatory authorities or for other legal reasons. We may disclose your personal information on a confidential basis to parties connected with any contemplated or actual financing, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
Contacting us regarding your privacy:
Data Protection Officer - João Salviano - firstname.lastname@example.org